Looking for a great opportunity to learn about stockbroking and financial markets as you kick-start your career? Do you want to work with some of the most senior analysts, traders, and corporate financiers in the industry? If so, the Goodbody Internship Programme is for you.
Goodbody’s Internship Programme is aimed at final year students and graduates. Placements run for ten weeks commencing in June. The programme has been running since 2011 and in that time students have had placements at Goodbody from a variety of disciplines ranging from computer science to international business.
Since its inception, many interns have obtained permanent roles in key positions in the company.
Internship placements are available in a number of departments: Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Finance, Asset Management, Brand Management, Wealth Management Operations, Compliance, Regulatory & Operational Control, Internal Audit, Middle Office, HR, Business Support, IT and the London Office. All placements provide great opportunities for students to get an understanding of stockbroking and financial markets and to work with the best analysts, traders, and corporate financiers in Ireland as they embark on their careers.
Interns get the opportunity to attend regular presentations from visiting companies, presentations from Goodbody staff on different parts of the business as well as external speakers on various topics related to financial services.
In addition to day to day duties, interns are assigned to a group at the beginning of the placement and set a project. Each group have the opportunity to present their findings to the Senior Management Team. The programme concludes with an awards ceremony.
- The Internship Programme is open to applications from mid-September with interviews held in December and January. Interns commence their placements with Goodbody in June for ten weeks.
- Individual Job Descriptions for each placement are advertised in mid-September of each year (see below)
- Students should highlight on their cover letter which internship they are applying for.
- Applicants may apply for up to two placements.
- See more about how to apply in our helpful links below