Goodbody has taken the top spot in the most prestigious and comprehensive ranking of European stockbroking firms by winning the main category of “Overall Ireland - Leading Brokerage Firm” in the Extel Survey for the third year in a row and the fifth time in six years.
The firm also secured first place in two main categories - Trading and Execution and Company and Expert Meetings - confirming Goodbody’s status as a standout performer among its peers and underscoring its growing reputation as a sector specialist. Several Goodbody employees were also singled out for individual achievements, grabbing the top spots for trading and equity sales.
The results cement Goodbody’s position as Ireland’s pre-eminent capital markets and corporate advisory firm as it continues to expand its franchise both Ireland and the UK. The recognition by institutional investors of the quality of the firm’s people, products and services strongly separates Goodbody from its peers in an industry experiencing significant competitive challenges and consolidation.
Commenting on the results, Goodbody Managing Director Roy Barrett said: “Year after year our Investment Banking team consistently delivers a market-leading quality of service and we are delighted the global investment community continues to recognise us for that. As our string of business wins in the last year shows, we continue to grow our market presence and relevance to corporate clients.”
Goodbody has been involved in a series of major corporate transactions in the year since the last Extel survey.
- Supermarket Income REIT: £45 million placing
- Applegreen: €175 million placing, adviser on Welcome Break acquisition
- FBD: capital restructuring involving €86 million purchase of convertible debt and issuance of €50 million new Tier 2 notes
- Cairn Homes: €350 million refinancing
- Playtech: £200 million placing of GVC shares
- IFG: joint lead adviser and corporate broker on sale to Epiris
- Overall Ireland: Leading Brokerage Firm
- No.1 Ireland: Trading/Execution
- No.1 Ireland: Company and Expert Meetings
- No.1 Ireland: Trading/Execution - Individual
- No.1 Ireland: Equity Sales - Individual
Goodbody is a specialist capital markets, corporate advisory, wealth management and asset management firm with a reputation for successful execution and straightforward advice, deep domain knowledge and international reach. Our integrated approach delivers superior outcomes for our clients.
About the Extel Survey
The Extel surveys set the standard of achievement for stockbroking and investment banking across the globe. They are the most complete evaluation of professional investor opinion in the world, taking soundings from nearly 2,500 fund managers, including most of the major global asset managers.